Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update

26,021

The man swiftly rose to his feet and turned around. He appeared to be in his mid thirties, still full of life, but not without experience. He was neither intimidating nor particularly welcoming, and his light grey eyes were somewhat dull, Roselyn thought.
“Can I help you?” the man said.
“I’m looking for Father Errol.”
“You’ve found him. How can I be of assistance to you today?”
“I am working for Louie over at the inn near the center of town. I’ve been in charge of running the tavern at night for the past several weeks.”
“I’m familiar with Louie.” Father Errol said with a nod, “He’s a good man. His sons Richard and Charles are fighting the war for the King.”
“Yes. Are you also familiar with the things that are said about you at the tavern?”

3 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Way to go on the word count!

And just what, exactly, are the people in the Inn saying about the good Father? Hmmm...intriguing.

Elen Grey said...

Just look at that word count go!

Sarah Ski said...

What are they saying, indeed?

Hmmm...