I think I've kicked into "novel" gear. I've managed to stretch on a scene for about six pages now, without it being ridiculous. I'm pretty amazed at myself. I'm tempted to go back and try and flesh out more of the beginning, but I keep telling myself that I can go back and do that *after* I write out the story.
Am very proud of what I'm doing with it. It's exciting to think that I might just get a whole novel of my own creation written.
Was thinking about what my "inspirations" are for this novel, literature-wise. Hedda Gabbler by Ibsen is definitely one. But also, I think Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte factors in quite a bit...since I'm going for a much "darker" tone with the book overall. I might have to go re-read Wuthering Heights when all is said and done, since I love the living daylights out of that book. (That, and Pride and Prejudice...the two books I'd take with me if I were to get stranded and die.)
WIP - Ended at 7443 today. Was shooting for 7500, but got a bit of sad news tonight and don't feel like continuing. Still way ahead so...
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You've got some good momentum going there, Sarah. You go, girl!
Thanks! I'm trying to milk it while I can.
Post a Comment