Thursday, November 6, 2008

NaNo is eating my sleep schedule for lunch.

Husband's schedule is "early to bed, early to rise". I've come to realize that my body clock, if left to it's own devices, is "late to bed, late to rise" - I'm wondering if this is going to result in me being sick, poor and dumb. I've been working on trying to train my body clock closer to hubby's schedule, with *some* success.

NaNo ate the sleep schedule that I've been working *months* to develop, and put me right back to night owl. On the one hand, not having a job means that I have the luxury to stay up until 2:30. On the other, certain furry divas in the house, who go to bed with Matt, won't actually let me *sleep* in. (I swear, the cat kicks me out of bed in the morning just so she can have it.) I haven't actually figured out how to cope with this yet, though. I've just been staying up late, getting up "early", and then sitting around like a drugged up zombie during the day. This also doesn't bide well for the 3ish days a week where I actually *do* need to be up and alert.

At any rate - WIP - 13,154

4 comments:

Matt S said...

*sigh* I miss being able to follow my body clock...

Krista Heiser said...

Nice word count!

And here I expected Matt to say he missed being able to snuggle with his wife when goes to bed. ;-)

Sarah Ski said...

Hahaha. He tried to snuggle this morning, but the dog had already beaten him to it. Then he accidentally turned off the alarm and overslept.

I know I'm mean, but I laughed at his misfortune.

Elen Grey said...

First, congrats on the word count there, Sarah. Yay! Go Sarah!

Mr. G, honey and I are polar opposites. I'm the night owl, but I get up reasonably early AND stay up late. Then there comes a day when I just all out crash. lol