28, 126
Story is picking up again. I have enough content to last me another six or seven thousand words, I think. Maybe more, at the rate I'm going. What I've found very surprising is that overall, I haven't really struggled to make the story "long enough". I don't feel like I'm quite halfway through the story yet, but I'm MORE than halfway through my word count. I was really afraid that I would be stretching for content at this point, but not so.
...Because it makes me ridiculously happy to note this:
Original story: 7,051 words. 20 pages.
Current story: 28,126 words. 71 pages.
Also, I found this encouraging and funny.
“Good work doesn’t happen with inspiration. It comes with constant, often tedious and deliberate effort. If your vision of a writer involves sitting in a cafĂ©, sipping an aperitif with one’s fellow geniuses, become a drunk. It’s easier and far less exhausting.”
So true! I know it's been said over and over again, but the inspiration train isn't a very reliable one. But good ol hard work is a constant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I do love that quote :)
Now, you're cooking. Love the quote, love the progress. Go Sarah!
Post a Comment