Friday, October 31, 2008

Off to a decent start

For the curious, I settled on names. (Or, mostly did, anyway)

For the lead, I settled on Roselyn rather than Rosalyn, because I want the emphasis on Rose rather than the "roz" sound that I think is easy to do with the second spelling.

Orlando is now Edmund.

Joaquin is now either Dante or Darius. I settled on Darius, but I keep referring to him as Dante in my head. We'll see which one makes the word file.

Debating how much, if any to post. In the past (with fanfics) I've had no problem just slapping everything up on a LJ or whatnot, because I like instant feedback. Knowing that people are sitting there waiting for the next installment is a really good motivator for me. I really don't think I'll ever try to publish this story (or any, really), but I don't want to throw it away *just in case*. I guess, uh, let me know if you feel like reading it or whatnot.

But, for the first hour and a half of work, I got 1126 words. Not too shabby, considering that I haven't really written in quite a while, and how to start the dog gone story has been one of the major reasons the story hasn't been re-written yet. I plan to sit down and try and hammer out some more "filler" events, and hopefully from there it will flow easier. Really happy with what I've got so far though.

BUT...I realized that I couldn't decide if "there" was a real word or not, so I think that means bedtime.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Nice start!

And, FWIW, I think Roselyn does make the transition to "Rose" better than any of the other spellings.