Thursday, October 30, 2008

...and the winner is...

"Heart of Ice"!

...Almost purely because I actually started a nice "Zoe" re-write, it's only about 3.5 pages, but I'm not re-writing it. So that's being saved for Sven.

I'm not going to post them here for suspense sake, but I took some notes this afternoon on my characters. Re-wrote a couple aspects of them, made "Orlando" and "Joaquin" more distinct characters (something I believe was a flaw the first time). I came up with some better 'motivations' for the characters, especially pertaining to the ending. Now I just need to hammer out the lore for the country, and solidify the backstory for the region...oh, and I need a tentative plot line, too. I have my A, B and C, but I need how I'm getting from point to point.

But first, I need some better names. Orlando and Joaquin aren't doing it for me. (Originally I chose the names because of Orlando Bloom and Joaquin Phoenix. Tee-hee, based on the way I'm re-molding the characters, Joaquin would be a better fit for the Orlando character, and vice versa.)

Ok, I'm done teasing for the time being. I'm excited! Now I just need to get on a computer with Photoshop, so I can make this place a little prettier, since I think I'm going to be spending some significant time here in the next month.

2 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Good luck with the names. I recommend a baby name book and the random finger pointing method.

Sarah Ski said...

Oh! I forgot that I *had* a baby name book! Phew, I'm glad I saw this.

I'm really 'weird' about names. I like them to have some significance, so I end up annoyed when something sounds good but doesn't have the meaning I want.

Though I think that naming is really the least of my worries. :)