I woke up this morning with an idea...sort of. I had, what I would call a "Stephenie Meyer moment", that is, I had a dream and was completely obsessed with one part of it when I woke up. I sat in bed for a while, burning the idea into my brain, then got up, fed the dog, and went into the office, in hopes of making a long distance phone call to my muse ... see if he'd have any ideas to spare to make this dream into something worthy. I think I might have something.
Of course, as much as this excites me, it's utterly irritating. I think my characters from my Nano novel might just jump off the screen and strangle me. How dare I have other ideas when I haven't even finished that one yet!
Ah well. If I were a good little creative-bee, I'd at least take some pictures of the cards I've made lately, or something. Just thought I'd come report my guilt. I feel like I just got caught cheating on my novel with a younger, prettier stud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment