Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Creepy forest and tudor roses

First off, here's a shot of some of the recent work I've done on my oil painting. Progress!

















Then there's the necklace I made a little while back. It's "tudor inspired", but I wanted something that I could actually wear and not be giggled at. So this is what we got. I'm sorry...the pictures really don't do it justice. It's a little sparkly and pretty in person. I was also in a rush with the pictures.







Also, because I was feeling exceptionally playful tonight, I played around with one of the pictures. I took inspiration from one of the Watchmen backgrounds, but I quickly realized that my subject didn't lend itself to re-creating it. Really, I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do the same thing they did. Which I can...but not with that subject. :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

pretty!!! did you make the rose-pendant-thing, or buy it?

Sarah Ski said...

I bought the Pendant part. I wish I was talented enough to do that! Maybe someday.