Sunday, February 8, 2009

of love and mush

I pretend that I'm not a fan of Valentines day. After all, who really cares about an over-commercialized gimme-gimme day that celebrates gluttony and dead plants?

But, the truth is, if my husband were to come home with flowers, candy, something sparkly, or even a bottle of my favorite pop, I would turn to putty in mere seconds. But the boy's idea of surprising me is usually limited to "honeeey? the dog just threw up in the hallway and I can't clean it up because it's gross..." Just sayin. I love him dearly, but every once in a while, a nice cliched gesture would go a long way. :)

At any rate, I made a few Valentines this year...just a few, because the red-hearty paper was an orange-based red, and *ALL* of the other re paper I own, is a blue-based red, which meant that my creativity was utterly stifled. I had some fun, though, and as promised, I've been trying to take more pictures of things as I complete them.

But now, off to the store for some dog food, kleenex and a stapler. I finished the tax returns today and I can't find my stapler. I'd show you a picture of the tax return, but really, it's not all that pretty. Maybe I should get Elle Woods to do my tax return next year. (1:37 into the clip)

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

I'm a sucker, too, who says it doesn't matter but loves it when she gets a little somethin'-somethin' that says "I love you". So I understand! Let's hope we both get pleasant surprises!